What we offer at our small, and friendly UK Campsite (catering for campervans, caravans, small motorhomes and tents ), situate in the picturesque Pentewan Valley, South Cornwall.
A relaxing campsite just for adults (sorry kids!), and including
- 16amp Electric hook ups (booking recommended). We can loan extension cables, and RCD 3 pin hookup leads for tents.
- “Hardstanding grass” electric pitches (“grass protecta”) retaining green ‘natural look’, and making pitches all weather grass pitches.
- Top notch, modern toilet & shower block – with hot powerful showers & complimentary hairdryer.
- Separate disabled toilet and shower-room.
- Showers in private wet room style cubicles, with basin, toilet, stool, mirror & hooks.
- Firepits and Smokey Joe BBQs for hire – all ready to light, delivered to your pitch, and cleaned up afterwards for you (see faq page for more information and prices).
- Laundry facilities.
- Chemical closet and grey water disposal.
- Free Ice pack freezing service (Camp Shed open 24 7)
- Free Wi-fi zone (sunny seated decked area)
- Mobile phone and tablet charging service (Camp Shed open 24 7)
- Lpg gas exchange.
- Reception & small shop – Stocking local produce (including eggs, occasionally from “our girls”), and Roskillys organic ice cream & fudge. Also Newspapers (to order).
- Sunny deck area with seating, and deck reading material (including maps and walking books)
- We can supply wood for your own campfire (note – fires off the ground only permitted), and hired firepits come with a barrow load full.
- Dog friendly information provided on arrival.
- Book bag for “book swapping”.
- Cycle hire – Pentewan Valley Cycle Hire will deliver & collect from the site for enjoying the trail
- Public transport – there are regular bus services a few minutes up from the site. The service goes to St Austell, Par, Charlestown, Fowey, Mevagissey, Heligan and Gorran Haven. There is also a main bus & train station in St Austell, and a ferry between Mevagissey and Fowey.
- Local takeaways do deliver to the campsite if you are missing your favourite dish.
- Entertainment – in the form of chicken, duck and general wildlife watching.
- MOST importantly – always a very warm and friendly welcome.
- WEEKLY visits by Kernowferno (Tuesdays) cooking delicious wood fired pizzas here on site, Anna’s Cocktail & Cider Van. Hoping for a second weekly visit on Thursdays with Simon’s griddle pan.
- ALSO NEW from 2016 – The Cornish Maid will be visiting the Campsite 2 or 3 mornings a week cooking up doorstep sandwiches, amongst other delights.
For more information on our facilities, (especially fire pit/bbq) please see our FAQ page.
What we don’t have
- A dog friendly beach on our doorstep. If you are good walkers (walking boots required) then you can walk to small dog friendly coves, and Polstreath Beach, Mevagissey (200 steps down) and a good walk prior to that. Gorran Haven, Vault, Par and Caerhays are around 15 minutes drive away.
- Brilliant TV reception, as we are in a valley. TV reception is not guaranteed on any of our pitches.
- Manicured grounds; we are more on the quirky side, but the site is very well loved and cared for.
- Many pitches suitable for large motor homes and twin axle caravans, and those we do have are “up field”.
- A dog walking field on site. However, we directly adjoin the Pentewan Valley Trail which is great for exercising your four legged friend. Because of our grassed areas being all pitching/sitting areas, our Camping Etiquette is to exercise your dog regularly off the campsite, so that they are not doing their business on the grass!
- Secluded hook up pitches. Our only secluded pitches are those (“proper camping”) none electric pitches in the wildflower meadow. These are for tents only, although we have 3 none electric campervan pitches at the front of the wildflower meadow.
- A fridge for general use, but we do freeze ice packs.
- Wifi – this is not available on individual pitches, and we have a seated decked area for accessing wifi.
- A sunshine switch, but if anyone knows of one available, then please let us know.
NOTE – 2013 was our first season. We completed as much as possible prior to opening in May 2013. Work has continued in our closed periods between 2013 and 2017 and the site is now coming in to its own. We hope that you will note and enjoy the changes as they are made. Whilst there are no major changes planned at present during our “down time” we enjoy further enhancing the natural features of the site, and adding our personal touches!
We live on site and so are always around to assist and answer any queries.
Our close neighbours run a B&B so if you have “campers” and those who would rather not, then you can all be close together for your holiday. Or why not dip your toe in the water, and hire out Lottie, or Mabel, one of our vintage caravans fully kitted out. Contact details for B&B provided on request. Please see our caravans for details of “Lottie” and “Mabel” .