Electric pitches – we have pitches running along both sides of the campsite (shower both “up field”, and extending further down the campsite. Due to our site being a natural meadow site, there are very limited pitches available for large caravans and motorhomes. Such pitches are “up field” in the more formal area. We also no longer accept any units that exceed 7m in length.
When booking by email, please indicate any type of pitch preference in the “special requirements” section. Specific pitches are not guaranteed, but we will allocate one closest to your choice. All pitches have now been named for fun, and ease of returning guests.
All electric pitches are served by “grass protecta” so they are hardstanding grass pitches. There are no electric pitches in our wild flower camping meadow, although there are benches in the fore meadow for the use of all guests.
Casual pitches – we have four hook up pitches that are available for those touring the county, and last minute bookers.
New from 2015 – hardstanding grass pitches for camper vans on our fore meadow area (none electric) – available also for caravans and very small motorhomes.
Our “Proper Camping” (i.e none electric) pitches are informal, and you choose your own spot on arrival. We operate a “park and pitch scheme” with wheelbarrows provided to transport your camping gear. The fore meadow area enables you to pitch more or less next to your car. There are two grass camping wings, one of which is next to the stream. For those who want a more wild camping experience, there are also the very popular secluded pitches in our beautiful wild flower meadow. Note – parking is very close by to the camping areas.
Our Booking terms and conditions can be found here. Whilst we do not have site “rules” please ensure you are happy with our camping etiquette prior to booking. Dog owners and campire/fire bbq lovers – please only book if you are happy to abide by our camping etiquette. General – you might also want to have a look at our FAQs page.
Please check home page for Late availability information.
|Camping Pitch Tariff (Campervans, tents, caravans & motorhomes ) – 2017|
|Prices are for 2 adults per night with one car (extra car £2 pn)|
|27th April – 26th May||£12|
|26th May – 15th July||£17|
|15th July – 2nd September||£22|
|2nd September – 17th September||£17|
|17th September – 1st October||£12|
|Extras per Night|
|Additional Adult (by prior agreement)||£5|
|Electric Hook Up||£4|
|Dogs||No additional charge|
|Awnings & Pup Tents||No additional charge – Breathable ground sheets only please.|
- Maximum number on a pitch – 4 adults
- Extra cars – please always check first as parking is very limited. If agreed extra cars will be £2 pn.
- Awnings and tent living spaces – breathable ground sheets are a must.
- For walkers/cyclists arriving under their own steam, we reward you with a 25% discount off the basic pitch price. You must be able to carry your gear on your back to qualify!
- Our campsite is more suited to the smaller unit type. From 2015 there is now a maximum length of any unit type of 7m.
- Minimum stay on hook up pitches during July & August is 5 nights (advance bookings only, and not including casual pitches)
- Minimum stay on “proper camping” pitches during July & August is 3 nights (advance bookings only).
- We try and put as much information on the website as possible, to ensure you are booking a campsite that is right for you. We cannot be all things to all campers. Any queries, or concerns – please ask PRIOR to making a booking and we do not want any one to be disappointed with their choice.